Caladryl is not a new name for me. Clearly lotion was first prescribed to my daughter when she had some rashes due to insect bites, when she was barely 2 years old. It was very effective and has been a part of my first aid box ever since.
So, when I was introduced to the diaper rash cream by Caladryl, I was naturally excited to try it and see how that is, as Caladryl lotion is something I always rely on when my daughter has any rash, itching etc. Let us have a look at how I find this product.
Caladryl diaper cream comes in a nice white-coloured packaging. The cream comes in a tube with a pop-up cap to make it easier to get the cream. The tube can easily be carried in a diaper bag or handbag.
Unique features of Caladryl diaper cream
- Scientifically, a diaper cream needs to be thick to be able to form a barrier to protect baby’s skin from wetness and friction due to diapers.
- Caladryl Diaper Cream is a 25% thicker cream therefore it forms a protective barrier and helps the rash to heal faster.
- It is a specially formulated diaper rash cream which is tested on sensitive skin
What it contains
Caladryl diaper cream contains olive oil, which keeps the skin soft and supple.
Glycerine is one of the best remedies to heal rashes on skin. It is mild and gentle on baby’s skin.
How to use
- Apply liberally on and around the diaper rash to form a thick layer.
- Apply cream at least 2-3 times a day or every time diaper is changed.
Since my daughter is well past the age when she needed diapers, I requested my friend who has 1 year old twins to try this and let me know the feedback. These are what her observations are.
- The diaper cream is definitely thicker than other creams that she has used before.
- She felt the cream was quite effective in treating the rashes.
- She felt the rashes that would normally take almost a week to completely go away were gone in 3 days.
- She also used it during diaper changes as a precaution when babies had to be in diapers for long and found it to be effective in minimising diaper rash.
- The cream is quite thick, so it forms a nice barrier on skin and does not let the moisture get to the skin.
All in all we were satisfied with the product and will happily recommend it to someone to try. You may buy the Caladryl diaper cream here.
9 Replies to “Caladryl Diaper Rash Cream Review”
I hadn’t heard of caladryl diaper rash cream until now. We have had only one serious case of rash and what helped heaps was applying calendula. But I am going to note this down for future and share your post with some new mommies in my group 🙂
I haven’t heard about it and thank god we didn’t have a serious issue of rash. I used happy nap cream during our phase. Il make a note of it and pass it on to moms who are in queue
I have used this diaper cream and is really very effective. I love the kind of thick layer it forms on the skin and slow absorbs making the skin supple and soft, yet dry
I haven’t heard about this cream but, after reading your review on the one will definitely give it a try..
With so many brands in the market, it becomes difficult to zero down on one. But your detailed review is going to help a lot of mommies. We have crossed the age of a diaper rash cream but will recommend it to new mommies.
Diaper rash has been a dreaded thing.. thankfully we never encountered much of such issues with our kids but having a good effective and gentle rash cream by your side is essential. Will checkout this range basis your review.
I have heard of caladryl as a brand but never used this cream. It surely seems effective. Would give it a try next.
I didnt know about diaper rash cream from caladryl but have tried their other lotions before. They are really good and its a trusted brand.
Great review – I haven’t heard of this brand but will give it a try!