Continued from: Prevent Colic in Babies
- Hi Ma, My grandmother used to make kajal (kohl) at home. I want to try the same. How can I do that ?
Ans. You can easily make kajal at home.
You will need :
1) Ghee or mustard oil (whichever is available to you ).
2) Silver or brass lamp.
3) Cotton to make a wick.
4) A silver or brass container or plate to cover the lamp.
- Fill a silver or brass lamp with oil or ghee.
- Make a wick with cotton. Light the lamp.
- Cover the lamp lightly with the container or plate, so that that the flame touches it but not completely cover it.
- Let it burn for few hours.
- After 5-6 hours, you will see soot collected on the cover.
- Add a few drops of homemade ghee to it to a smooth consistency.
- Your kajal is ready.
PS : Please don’t put kajal in baby’s eyes as doctors do not recommend it.
Table of contents:
9 Replies to “How to make kajal at home”
hi ma, my baby boy 15mnths old .night times he wakes up every 3 to 3 and half hours for hungry and in day time he does not eat proper food i really wonder what to do?
hi ma, i want to purchase book lunchbox and snack menu plan and recipes for whole school month by priya sachan. so please guide me how can i proceed furter.
You can go to this page and click on Checkout Now. Then use Debit Card, Credit Card or Net banking, as per your convenience to pay for the book. The book will then be sent to your email.
Do let me know, if you have any issues. 🙂
hi. I have 6month old girl baby.. My concern is her less weight.. She just weighs 5.7kg..she has teething symptoms.. How To Help gain her weight..
Since few days she started having disturbed sleep in night.. Gets up hourly n need consolation in terms f breast feeding..
My baby is suffering from really bad cough…tried to gv medicines but nothing can soothe this…he can not even sleep day or night…plz suggest what to do? I m giving him ginger juice with warm honey…n Tulsi water also….he is suffering from this since last two days…plz help