Continued from: Vegetable Sticks, Paneer Sticks
Mini Sweet Potato Pancake
2-3 sweet potatoes
1 cup wholewheat flour (atta)
1 tsp Sugar/ jaggery
Ghee/Oil – 1 tbsp
1/2 cup water
- Cut sweet potatoes into pieces and cook in a pressure cooker till soft.
- Peel the boiled sweet potatoes and mash them well.
- Dissolve sugar or jaggery in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Add flour(atta) to sweet potatoes and add dissolved sugar.
- Make a thick batter and let it sit for half an hour.
- In a flat frying pan, heat a little ghee or oil.
- Spread the batter on pan using a ladle to make small panackes.
- Cook on both sides with oil or ghee.
- Your baby will love feeding herself.
Banana Topped Pancake
This is a healthy pancake made from wholewheat flour, egg and banana. It is nice,complete dish for breakfast or evening snack. It will also satisfy your kid’s sweet tooth instead of candies and chocolates.
1 cup atta (wholewheat flour)
½ tsp sugar
Oil / Ghee
Mix atta and egg and mix well together.
Add milk to it to adjust to a flowing consistency.
Add sugar by dissolving into a little milk.
Let the batter stay for about half an hour.
Cut bananas into thin slices. Keep aside.
(Do not cut banana too much in advance, as it will turn dark.)
Heat a frying pan.
Add oil or ghee to frying pan.
Pour batter to make a small pancake.
Top it up with banana slices and let it cook on one side (till bubbles start appearing).
Carefully flip it over and let it cook on other side.
This will also caramelize the bananas.
Flip again and take off the fire.
Serve with honey drizzled on top.