Growth chart for Boys from 2 – 12 Years
Weight chart for Boys from 2 – 12 Years
Height Chart for Boys from 2 – 12 Years
One of the things that bother parents and specially mothers is to see if their kids are growing up properly when they are babies. We shared our height and weight chart for babies from 0 to 2 years. The same continues even after kids have reached toddler stage and even later specially if the kid is on skinnier side.
Growth chart for Babies (0-24 months)
Weight and Height Chart for Girls from 2 – 12 Years
Here we share the average height chart and weight chart for boys between the age of 2 years and 12 years, i.e. after toddlerhood till they reach puberty. This the age when boys grow at a normal rate just before they hit puberty when they shoot up and seem to grow almost on a daily basis. During this age group, you will often see that girls seem to be growing faster and are often taller than the boys. But there is nothing to worry, as the biggest growth spurt is right around the corner.
Do check out the height and weight chart for girls between the age of 2 years and 12 years
Points to keep in mind when reading these charts
- These are only ranges of weight and height based on widely available data, but that does not mean a kid outside these ranges is not healthy. If you are concerned, then you must consult a doctor
- Height has a lot to do with heredity and if parents or other people in family are tall or short, then that can show in child’s height too.
- Boys usually have their biggest growth spurt between 12 years and 15 years, where they seem to have grow most quickly. By 16 years, most boys stop growing, but their muscles will continue to develop.
- There may be factors that affect growth, ranging from malnutrition to some medication.
- There are many factors that lead to good growth, like healthy nutrition, balanced diet, enough sleep and physical activity.
- Healthy, normal growth is supported by good nutrition, exercise and optimum sleep.
Average Weight Chart for Boys Aged 2-12 years
|Age||Ranges between||Average Weight|
|2 Years||8.9 – 15.1 kg||12.5 kg|
|3 Years||11.9 – 17.9 kg||14.4 kg|
|4 Years||13.4 – 20.4 kg||16.3 kg|
|5 Years||15.2 – 24.4 kg||18.4 kg|
|6 Years||16.9 – 26.5 kg||20.6 kg|
|7 Years||18.5 – 31.5 kg||23.1 kg|
|8 Years||20.5 – 35.0 kg||25.6 kg|
|9 Years||22.9 – 40.1 kg||28.8 kg|
|10 Years||24.8 – 46.1 kg||32.0 kg|
|11 Years||27.1 – 52.1 kg||35.9 kg|
|12 Years||30.2-58.8 kg||40.1 kg|
Children’s height is largely determined by genetics. If the parents are tall, they are more likely to be taller. If parents are on the shorter side, the children are also more likely to be short.
Average Height Chart for Boys Aged 2-12 years
|Age||Ranges between||Average Height|
|2 Years||80.8 – 92.5 cm||86.4 cm|
|3 Years||88.4 – 101.5 cm||94.6 cm|
|4 Years||95 – 109.2 cm||102.2 cm|
|5 Years||101.1-117 cm||108.6 cm|
|6 Years||107.5 – 123.6 cm||115.2 cm|
|7 Years||113.5 – 130.5 cm||121.6 cm|
|8 Years||118.2- 137.1 cm||128 cm|
|9 Years||123.8 – 143.4 cm||133.3 cm|
|10 Years||128.2 – 149.5 cm||138.6 cm|
|11 Years||132.4 – 155.5 cm||143.1 cm|
|12 Years||137.2 – 161.5 cm||148.8 cm|