Carrot Tomato Soup for babies
Carrot tomato soup for babies, kids and whole family- We as a family love soups specially during winter season. My 5 years old daughter loves tomatoes and carrots and this soup is among her favourites among with corn soup. I have been giving this carrot tomato soup to her since she was about a year old.
This is a very simple tomato soup which can be made in a jiffy and is very nutritious as well as delicious.
I have used the red carrot which is in season these days, but if you do not get it, you may also use the regular orange carrots. The red carrot gives it a nice sweetness and colour though. Also, I prefer to use tomato which are are not very tangy.
This soup does not require any sautéing and anyone can make it. This soup can also be frozen to be used later.
Since this carrot tomato soup is for babies, so we are not adding any salt to this. This soup can be given to babies after 6 months once carrots and tomatoes have been introduced individually. You may also add homemade ghee in place of butter.
Carrot Tomato Soup for babies
3 large tomatoes – chopped into pieces
1 long red carrot – chopped into small pieces
1 clove garlic
1 pinch black pepper
1 tsp butter
1 cup water
Take a pressure cooker and add chopped tomatoes and carrots to it.
Add garlic pod in to the cooker.
Add 1 cup water to the cooker.
Cover the cooker and cook for 3-4 whistles.
Let the cooker cool down and mash down the vegetables using a masher.
Take the cooked vegetables in a blender and blend till you get a fine puree.
You may also use a hand blender to blend it in cooker itself.
Now use a strainer to strain the soup.
Add pepper and butter and heat the soup to blend everything.
Serve the soup warm.
Tips for Carrot Tomato Soup for babies , toddlers and kids:
- This is baby-friendly recipe so we have not used any salt in this, but you may add salt to taste when you are making it for older children or elders in your family.
- You may also add more spices and aromatics like onion, finely chopped ginger, cumin powder.
- You can also top the soup with fresh coriander leaves if your child likes them.
- If you do not find red carrots and are using orange carrots, you may add a piece of beetroot to the soup to get a beautiful red color.
- You may also add vegetables like beans and capsicum to make this soup even more nutritious and tasteful.
- You may use a mixer jar or hand blender to blend the cooked vegetables.
- If tomatoes are too tangy, you may also add a pinch of sugar to balance the tanginess.
- You may make carrot tomato soup in bulk and freeze it for later use. For freezing, let the soup to cool down and then pour it into ice tray and cover with a cling film. Put this soup into freezer for a few hours to freeze. Remove the cling film and put the soup cubes into zip lock bags and label the pouch with name and date and put into freezer. Whenever you want to use, take out required amount, thaw, heat and serve. Do not refreeze the soup after thawing once.
4 Replies to “Carrot Tomato Soup for babies, toddlers and kids”
Thanks 4 a nutritious n simple recipe of soup