Healthy Sweets for kids/ Healthy Weight Gain Recipes
The sight of chocolates, candies and sweets makes the child reach out for it. And then there is a mother who is constantly worried about the cough and cold package that gets added uninvited. Plus, she feels it is empty calories and so unhealthy.
Who says that sweets cannot be nutritious and healthy?
The good news is that I have a solution to all your worries. I have got you some healthy to eat sweets which will not only satisfy your child’s sugar cravings but, will also help you improve his health and immunity.
Let’s have a look at these recipes that I have in store for you
Date Rolls – Healthy sweets for kids
The gum exudes naturally from the roots of the plant and from incisions made in the stem. This is collected and when dried forms crystals of flakes or may be formed into blocks. It is also known as gondkatira, or Tragacanth gum. It is a coolant and at the same time is rich in soluble fiber. It is readily available in all grocery stores.
- Warm ghee in a pan, once it heats up, add gum to it. Stir until it swells. Remove it out in a plate
- In the remaining ghee in the pan, sauté the dates for a few minutes. Turn the gas off and add chopped almonds, dry ginger powder and fried gums
- Mix it well and make rolls
- Garnish with almond slivers
- Serve at room temperature
BENEFITS: Dates are rich source of iron, ginger powder is anti-inflammatory and almonds are rich source of omega 3 fats, gum is good for bones.
All in all a super immunity and health booster sweet
Mango Yoghurt Candies – Healthy sweets for kids
- In a blender, mix well the low fat fresh yoghurt and the ripe mango puree. Do not add any sugar since fruit has its natural sweetness
- Add this blended puree in moulds. Deep freeze it for 6-8 hours. You can add wooden sticks while unmoulding to give an ice-cream effect
- Untold and serve immediately
BENEFITS: Yoghurt is great source of probiotics which maintains gut health and fights bacteria and disease producing organisms in our body. It is also great source of vitamins and minerals available from fruits. You wouldn’t mind giving it to your kids for sure