By the time you are 35 weeks pregnant, you might want to keep your bags ready to be able to rush to hospital or birthing center at shortest notice. It is important to keep a list of what to pack to be delivery ready and keep the hospital bag prepared and at an easy to reach in your house, maybe even in your car.
You should ideally pack two hospital bags, one for yourself and another one for the new arrival. It is convenient to keep them separate instead of packing everything in a large case which will make it difficult to find anything when it is needed. The time of the year when you are going to deliver will also influence your packing.
Keep a handy folder in your hospital bag to hold all your documents.
- Your maternity/ hospital record file
- Insurance card and papers (You may get this sorted beforehand if you are having a planned delivery on a set date)
- Identity proof
- Doctor’s number and Hospital number
- Pen and a small diary
Mother’s Hospital Bag
These are my recommendations
- Couple of Nightgowns or loose-fitting maxi dresses. Hospitals usually provide gowns for expectant mothers, but if you prefer to use your own you should have 2-3 in hand and then ask someone to get fresh, clean ones from home. Whatever you choose, they should be 100% cotton, loose and comfortable.
Take a set of lotions, toothpaste, tooth brush, comb, deodorant, vaseline, creams, etc even though hospital might provide some of these things, you still might want your own things.
- One shawl or a warm sweater
Take a cardigan or front open sweater which is easy to wear and take off.
- 2-3 pairs of socks if it is during a cold weather.
- Hair bands or rubber bands to keep your hair together
- Camera with charger, video camera to record your experience and your time with your newborn.
- A safe and natural mosquito repellent like Good knight Fabric Roll-On
- Newborn Diapers
- Baby wipes
- Baby soap
- Baby’s Towel
Once you have packed your bag, you can be rest assured that there will be no rush to gather things at the last moment, neither will there be the heartburn of not getting the exact thing that you want because others are not able to get it.
ShishuWorld TV - Recipes / Home Remedies for babies, Kids Subscribe For New Videos Every Week