Homemade date syrup for babies, kids
How to make dates syrup at home
How can we sweeten baby food without adding sugar
One of the most common queries that I receive is how to sweeten baby’s food, when it is recommended that we avoid sugar specially refined sugar in baby’s food.
There are many ways in which baby food can be sweetened naturally. One of the most common ways is to use fruit purees like banana puree or apple sauce. These purees are not just natural but also healthy. Dates are another great ways to sweeten baby’s food without adding any extra sugar. You can either add dates directly to food or make this homemade date syrup for babies and use it as and when required.
Today, we are going share with you guys how to Homemade date syrup for babies, kids. It is very easy to make this dates syrup at home and this can be added to any food that you want to sweeten naturally.
- This homemade date syrup can be used as a sweetener for baby’s porridge, cereals, kheer etc.
- This homemade date can be used as a spread on top of paranthas, bread etc.
- This syrup can be stored in an air-tight glass jar and kept in refrigerator for upto 3-4 weeks.
The following video shows the recipe in detail.
Let us see how to make this simple date syrup for babies and kids at home.
Homemade date syrup for babies and kids
1 cup deseeded dates (You can also use more dates if you want to make a bigger batch)
Water as required
Use good quality organic dates which do not have any dirt or impurities.
Wash the dates well and chop the dates into small pieces.
Add chopped dates to a pan and add 2 cups of water.
Bring it to a boil and let it cook for 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat and let the dates soak for 30 minutes till it cools down.
Blend the dates in a blender to a fine puree or paste.
Now strain this puree using a sieve to remove any bigger pieces.
Take the strained puree in a pan, add more water and cook for 8-10 minutes for medium heat.
The puree will turn darker as the sugar in dates cook.
Let the syrup cool down and store it in a air-tight glass jar in refrigerator.
- Squeeze out the pulp as much as possible by adding a little more water if needed.
- If you do not want to cook the dates a first, you may also soak the dates in hot water for 2-3 hours and then use the same.
- Cook the syrup till it thickens and you can see the change in color.
- Keep it refrigerated and consume the homemade date syrup for babies with in a couple of weeks.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You may also add this homemade date syrup to tamarind pulp and make instant tamarind & dates chutney for chaats/ dahi vada etc.
ShishuWorld TV - Recipes / Home Remedies for babies, Kids Subscribe For New Videos Every Week