Baby Recipes 6 to 9 months old / Weaning Recipes

Baby Recipes 6 to 9 months old

6 Month Baby Food Recipes

Most babies in this age-group have already started with solid food but only just. Hence, it is important to give them food which is not allergenic and is easy to digest. Common fruits and vegetables can be given to baby even as first foods. In this section, we list some homemade baby food recipes for 6 months onwards.

Below weaning recipes involve multiple ingredients, so try these only after you have introduced your baby to individual ingredients and baby did not show any adverse reaction to them. Do not add salt or sugar to recipes for your baby. Read more on why salt should be avoided in infant’s diet.

Do not take below measurements/quantities as one feed. This is only for proportion and you should change depending upon how much or less you want to make.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

22 Responses to “Baby Recipes 6 to 9 months old / Weaning Recipes”

1. Just what I was looking for my 6 month old baby. Please tell me how I can make dal water and rice water. Thank you.

2. Thank you so much. My 9 month loved it.. he is typically a picky eater.. But he ate all of it..Thanks again 🙂

• Priya Sachan

Very happy to know that your baby loved it. Feel free to write in with any of your queries!! 🙂

3. Kiran pandey

Can I give peas and black pepper powder to my 8 month old baby girl.

• Priya Sachan

You may give but start with just a very small pinch to see how baby takes it.

4. Thank you for all the help and dis amazing website.. My 7 months daughter loves eating brown rice with veg soup( potatoes tomatoes carrot peas) I give her every alternate day. Can I continue ?

• Priya Sachan

You are very welcome, Rumana!! Yes, you can continue giving rice and soup.

5. Hello, Wanted to check if I can give Atta halwa for my little one, she is 7 1/2 months old. I tried it out once with applesauce. But It does constipate her a little bit. Should I postpone it to the next month.? I can see that it is one your weaning recipes for 6-9 month old babies. And I do like your site, amazing how you actually realize and understand that as mothers we would like to learn even basic recipes like dal paani. We know how to make it but then it is reassuring to have a second opinion(especially for a first time mom like me) and also learn quick/easy ways to prepare all this stuff. Thanks so much! You are my goto person for everything under the sun when it comes to my baby!

• Priya Sachan

Hi Uma, Thanks for your kind words!! Your encouraging words keep us motivated! I perhaps realize what first time mums need because I have gone through the same grind raising my daughter who is now 5 years old. 🙂
      Coming back to your question, try giving the halwa without the applesauce. Applesauce can constipate some babies. You may try giving it with a little banana or plain. If you still feel he is getting constipated, feel free to postpone. Every baby is different and you know your baby better than any guidelines. 🙂

6. Super of you to put all that experience gained to such good use! Btw, tried it plain, worked better for her. And all the recipes and meal plans work so well for her, and of course – ME!Thanks a ton, Priya!Keep up the good work!

7. My son (8 month old) not showing interest to solid food.taking only 5 mouth. Pls tel me how to make him to eat more

8. Hi Priya …my son is six months old. Have started solid food and have tried many recipes from your site. He doesn’t like khicdi or veggie soup without salt. Many days I kept trying mentioned food without salt but he didn’t eat and just to try it out added a pinch of salt to it and he had it at least. So is it okay if I continue with a pinch of salt?

Thank you!

9. Hi priya. I’m very thankful to you. I live in USA and here no one family member with me. This site is very helpful to me. I alway follows month wise plan meal for my baby. And also following your recipes it save my life.
    Thank so much.

10. I have a small question. Can I start oatmeal to my baby.my baby is 8 month old. Can to make vedio on otemeal recipes.

11. Poornima Upadhyaya

My baby is six and half months older .i definately try kichdi and banana smoothy .thank u ..

• Priya Sachan

Hi Devika, We have shared how to prepare applesauce here. Hope it helps.